Union Station Kansas City Inc.
Station Lighting Request
Union Station Kansas City operates as a cherished local and regional destination. Our physical building in particular has become an iconic element in the downtown skyline and is one of the most recognizable landmarks in our community. As such, we work hard and invest considerable resources to keep it beautifully maintained, both inside and out. Part of that ongoing investment is in technology and professional staff time allowing the exterior of Union Station to be lit using high-output LED fixtures.
While the promotion of Union Station, our attractions and countless events hosted here necessarily take priority when it comes to utilization of the lighting system, there are periodic times during the year that may be available for specific outside requests to be honored. The following fees and guidelines have been established regarding individual illumination requests:
• Union Station promotions always take priority
• Union Station does not publish a list of available dates for custom illumination
• Individual requests are reviewed as we receive them
• Written requests (via online Station Lighting Request form) should be submitted at least 3 weeks ahead of desired illumination date
• A written response to individual requests will be given within 7 working days to request receipt
• Custom illumination is open only to non-profit 501(c)3 organizations
• $1,000 for first day of custom illumination/ $600 for each subsequent day**
• Payment, in its entirety, must be received one (1) week prior to first illumination day
*Additional time and costs may be incurred for more intricate and involved custom illumination
**Additional staff overtime costs are incurred for weekend illumination events and holidays
Name of Organization:
Key Contact Name
Is your organization a designated 501(c)3?
Desired Illumination Start Date:
Desired Illumination Color(s)
Cause/Event/Reason for Illumination Request:
Do Not Fill This Out